Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update

Its been a week since I have taken the time to post but things have been crazy around here the last little while.

Sadly on the 4th of this month my hubby's sister Diane passed away only one month after their sister Wendy had passed away. Diane's was a shock as we didn't even know she was unwell. She suffered from colon cancer and we didn't find out until last Saturday when my hubby and his other sister were at the hospital and happened to run into their sister there. It was such a sad situation that I can't even put it into words. I am so thankful for the truth and the promises we have of the resurrection. If Diane and Wendy are resurrected they will be reunited with their parents whom also have passed away in 1991(Jeannette), and 2001(Ronald). And all will get a chance to see the world the way God meant it to be when he first created man in paradise conditions. What a grand hope we have to look forward too. Revelation 21:4

Now onto a complete change of subject. I want to thank the sisters of our crochet group who have been so patient in teaching me how to crochet. Our first lesson a wash cloth and towel set. The pattern also came with a soap pouch but it was a little more intricate so we just stuck with the two. Here is the link to the bath set if interested.


This is my results from the pattern. this is the wash cloth. I had started out with the variegated cloth first but messed up and could not tell why so went with the solid colour and well did the same thing and thankfully to the careful eyes of my crochet friends they caught my mistake. It was frustrating at first cause I could not figure out what I was doing wrong but soon I caught my mistakes and found out I was crocheting into the same dc stitch as the one I had already crocheted into. So now i can catch my mistakes for that pattern lol. Now I am onto the towel. So far I just have the four squares crocheted and have another four to go before I can continue on with the pattern. I am really enjoying learning this finally. I have been wanting to crochet for years but just could not wrap my mind around it. Finally with the help of my dear crocheting friends I am finally able to grasp the concept. Knitting came much more easily to me then crocheting did lol.

Well its now 1:30 pm and I still have not gotten my assignment done for my talk in week and a half. So I must stop procrastinating and get at it. Its for the week of the 15th - now you will know why I am procrastinating lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment