Monday, March 8, 2010

Trying a new peanut butter cookie recipe

These are still too high in fat for my liking but I was looking for a peanut butter recipe that used whole wheat and I found this one that uses whole wheat flour and rolled oats so I thought i would give it a try. It won't have the nice rounded look of the peanut butter original cookies as these are a drop cookie instead of a rolled cookie. But still flattened with a fork. Cookies are just in the oven now so taste testing won't happen until after they have cooled off and by that time I will probably already be at the gym doing my workout lol.

Okay here is the recipe


click on link to print out the recipe and check the calorie count.

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

SERVES 12 , 2 dozen (change servings and units)

Ingredients

Directions

  1. 1
    In a large bow combine the softened margarine and peanut butter.
  2. 2
    I measure the peanut butter by packing it tightly into a metal measuring cup.
  3. 3
    Then I scrape it out with my fingers.
  4. 4
    Add the sugar or Sucanat and the egg to the bowl.
  5. 5
    Mix it up really good until it is smooth, fluffy and glossy.
  6. 6
    I do this with a wire whisk.
  7. 7
    You could use a big spoon if you prefer.
  8. 8
    Add the vanilla and stir it in a little.
  9. 9
    Add the salt, baking soda, oatmeal, and flour.
  10. 10
    Stir it all up really well.
  11. 11
    You need a spoon to stir in the dry ingredients.
  12. 12
    A whisk just won't work for this part because the batter is so thick.
  13. 13
    Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  14. 14
    These cookies don't spread very well so flatten the cookies with a fork or the flat bottom of a cup which has been dipped into flour.
  15. 15
    Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes.
  16. 16
    Half a cup of chocolate chips may be added to the batter if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment