Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sisterhood of the traveling granny squares....


This colourful blanket was made by sisters all over the world and put all together by a dear sister named Bella - who put all these squares together to form this beautiful comfort blanket for our dear sister Dottie.

I wish we could have gotten a picture of the entire blanket so we could have seen everyone's square. I will request one and see if its possible.

You can see just a partial of my square which is in the bottom right hand corner with the brown
heart on it as shown in the second image.

This was the first time I got to be apart of something this special. I cannot wait to see what the next blanket turns out to look like and which sister/brother will be the next recipient of some comfort.

Thanks to the sister who came up with this idea and thank you for allowing me to be apart of it.

2 comments:

  1. =( Can't see my square in any of the pictures! Oh well. See how happy she is!! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I was hoping they would do a picture so we could see everyone's squares as I didn't see Nancy's either - she described hers but I did not see it at all. I think maybe I will suggest a full shot of the afghan. But your right see her face so happy is such an incredible feeling.

    ReplyDelete